Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What a "Night of Magic"


Wow after after 6 months of planning we are finally did it!
 The 9th November 2013 was the launch of the Feel the Magic Foundation and the first of many Nights of Magic – with 240 people coming together to raise funds to send our first recipients, the Gerigk family, to Disneyland.

Thank you to everyone that attended and those that have supported our mission to brighten the lives of kids who have lost someone they love

Firstly I would like to acknowledge Feel the Magic’s generous supporters. Novotel Sydney Olympic Park who had enabled the First Night of Magic to be held at the amazing venue. The event management team and staff on the night were amazing.
I would like to thank Ryan Primrose, Alan McLean from Flowers for Everyone. Flowers for Everyone play a major role in supporting the community through work with local growers and businesses, and came on board as a supporter in the initial stages and are committed to supporting the Foundation as we grow.

Also Belinda Sheldrick, Regional Manager of White Lady Funerals NSW, for White Ladies support of Vanessa’s much appreciated time working with the Foundation. The White Ladies are dedicated to supporting families who have suffered the devastating loss of a loved one, and Kristy and I experienced first hand the White Ladies understanding and expertise when Anne Martin guided us through the heartbreaking task of organizing Mum’s funeral. For that reason, it is so special that the White Ladies have agreed to be an ongoing supporter of the Foundation.
To the supporters of the night Jonathan and Tess from J Miller Photography who captured the magic from the night with amazing photos. To Brad and Guy from Reflections Cards and stationary for their time and patience in designing and supplying us with all our print material.

And last but not least to my Mum and Kristy’s brother Corey – it is because of their love and inspiration that Feel the Magic has been created.


Feel the Magic’s mission is to brighten the lives of kids who have lost

someone they love. This is also my heart’s purpose. I have always

wanted to make a difference to people’s lives but never knew how.

Being unfulfilled and searching for my purpose in life led me to putting

the people and what I love aside to work hard with the hope that work

would eventually get me to a comfortable place to help others but it

didn’t! It took a personal tragedy to guide me in the right direction.

Losing Mum on my 31st birthday stopped me in my tracks, forced me to

be present and really feel the full impact of loosing her.


I absolutely love doing this. I feel we can make a difference in this world

one family at a time just by showing a little bit of love to grieving kids and

their families. There are moments in grief that can really shape your

future in a positive or negative way; I just hope that I can show people that

there is always some light even when it seems so dark.

Although the road of following your heart isn’t easy, I can say from

experience that it’s much easier then doing something that does not

empower you to be the best you, you can be. I encourage you all that

have dreams or would love to do something to make a difference to

others or even your self give it a shot! Don’t wait for a tragedy to impact

your life to make this change. There is no better time to start living your

life then now!


Feel the Magic will continue to grow and gain more of the community and corporate support, with the vision of gifting a magical trip to Disneyland, and bring love to a grieving family, every month of every year. 

Stay tuned as we will be making the big announcment of what we raised from the night with some really exciting news to share with you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment